Sunday, September 21, 2008

Maria Mena's new album

Maria's new album 'Cause & Effect' is amazing, can't stop listening to it. It's hard to describe but the lyrics are cutting like a knife. They are really honest & fragile and therefore so much better than most of the other crap that young artists like her usually write (if they even write their own stuff).


















Self-fullfilling prophecy
Self-hatred grows in me like cancer
I can't locate it's whereabouts, but it's feasting on its host
I expected him to have the answers
I thought I taught him how to love me now
He fears me like a ghost

Oh self-fullfilling prophecy
You're the only garanteed loyalty
In this town full of violent mothers,
cheating fathers, leaving lovers
I swear to you I'll never love again

...

3 comments:

  1. wow, great lyrics. I'll see if I can find this album to listen to... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. am pretty sure you'll like it actually, esp. lyrics-wise.
    if you can't find the album i can help you with that, just let me know :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ja het is echt een fantastiese Cd. Morgen gaan we haar in het echt bekijken. Heb er zin in.
    XX je kleine zusje

    ReplyDelete